Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjgc94131
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2008

Lightview 1.1.0 seems to not work when viewed from Safari on the iPhone (firmware 1.1.3).
    Clicking on any of the gallery images in the demo section produces a new page with just
    the image.
    Thanks for reporting this. I'm not able to test on the iphone (mobile safari).
    It sounds like Prototypes dom:loaded event doesn't trigger, activating the images.
    Does your javascript error log give any clue to why things are failing? Thanks.
    I am experiencing a different problem with Lightbox on the iPhone/iPod Touch using Mobile Safari. Namely that when I click on a link (image or text, of course) the image loads (very slowly) but loads at the very top of the page, there is no transparent black overlay on the rest of the page and the image does not resize for the size of the window. Any ideas? Got yourself an iPhone or iPod Touch yet? =-)
    • CommentAuthorcombs1945
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009

I am having the same problem. Is there anyway for the overlay to cover the entire page and have the lightbox center on the screen you are on. Basically what is happening is if you have a page that is 2000px tall and you hit a link 1500px down the page the lightview appears at the top of the page.
    Lightview doesn't support mobile browsers. I see the overlay problem on mobileSafari but there's not much I can do about that, it looks like the zooming affects page dimensions. Something having a height of 100% inside the body element should cover the entire page and not just the visible area, that's where mobileSafari differs from Safari. Bugs like that should be fixed in the browser itself. Once it is fixed there and you update your phone/ipod it'll probably be fixed.
    • CommentAuthorcombs1945
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2009

What messes the lightview up on the iPhone is the doctype and the view port.
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN" "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=320; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;"/>

I can't figure a way around this.
    • CommentAuthorcombs1945
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009 edited

edit: this forum is for support, not the place to post your own projects